Shipping Industry Management
The shipping industry management system is mainly for optimizing the process of marine supervision. The major functions of the system include shipping industry establishment, change of registration, route management, freight rate change declaration, and other routine processes in the shipping industry.
1. Purpose of the system
(1) Facilitate the establishment of shipping industry operators; manage industry operations for Vessel Carriers, Shipping Agencies, Freight Forwarders, and Container Terminal Operators.
(2) Allow personnel of Maritime Affairs Centers to manage violations, penalties, and permit revocations of licences.
(3) Carry out various web-based filings in the shipping industry to achieve the goal of paperless operations.
(4) Provide information on shipping companies and routes via the shipping industry database system; understand the state of the shipping industry and the number of companies in each segment; use shipping route load as the basis for shipping capacity allocation and industry management; stipulate shipping related policies and amend regulations accordingly.
2. Scope of the system
(1) Facilitate the establishment of shipping industry operators; manage operations, violations, penalties, and permit revocations of licences in the shipping industry including Vessel Carriers, Shipping Agencies, Freight Forwarders, and Container Terminal Operators. The main functions are shown as below:
> Shipping company establishment
> Registration for changes of companies in the shipping industry
> Route application
> Shipping agencies registration
> Chartered vessel (entrusted) operational registration
> Registration for agencies of one-voyage business
> Deposit pledges for Shipping Agencies and Freight Forwarders
> Foreign ship applications
> Requests for change of freight
> Direct cross-strait transport related operations
> Insurance policy and deposit registration
> Applications for operational information
(2) Shipping industry management inquiries and reporting.